Sunday 10 July 2016

My first post

This is the first blog about the Sewell Family Tree that I have been researching off and on now for the best part of 5 years.  However, like a lot of family historians out there I have come to realise that I had previously just been on a "collect as many names as possible journey" and so after reading Thomas MacEntee's book The Genealogy Do-Over Workbook, decided to try something new and so here it is!!

Although this Blog is called the Sewell Family Tree Blog, there are other surnames that I am researching and these include on my father's side - the Sewell side of the tree that is - Pritchard, Worrall, Tranter, Bennett and Jones.  On my mother's side there is Field, Shreeves, Horwood and Hollis.

Yesterday I looked a fresh at my mother's birth certificate - well actually it wasn't the full certificate, so I sent off for that, but that's by the by.  She was born Doris Mary Field and her date of birth was 24 July 1914 which was exactly 4 days before the start of World War 1!  Until yesterday I hadn't really thought about that!



Here is a picture of my Mom and I am guessing that she is probably somewhere in her 20's here but as is usual, there is nothing noted on the reverse of the although it is mounted on a post card!

I wish I knew where this was taken!  I can only assume it was taken somewhere in Birmingham as that is where the Field family was living at the time.  Was it Birmingham airport I wonder?

Anyway that is all I will post for the moment, but please note that I do have lots more information that I would be glad to share and exchange with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment